Our Location

07 3221 9066


COVID test pre travel Brisbane

December 7th, 2020

Do you need a COVID test pre-travel in Brisbane?

Some airlines need a COVID nasal swab/PCR test before you can get on the plane, or arrive in a country, Some countries require a blood test as well. Sometimes a letter is required in addition to documenting that you have no symptoms of COVID – a ” WELL-TO-GO ” letter.

At Dr Deb The Travel Doctor,  we can help you organise this  COVID test for travel in Brisbane. We can even do it via telehealth if necessary.

If you travelling, and need a COVID test before departure (eg 72 hours before departure) you currently need to follow this procedure.

Call us 32219066 and advise what you need.

We will organise you to have a discussion with the doctor and give you the required pathology test paperwork.

At the appropriate time before departure you go to a testing centre – Walk in or there is a drive-through centre in Brisbane at Bowen Hills where you can do this.

The tests currently (7-12-2020) cost $145 for a standard PCR nasal COVID test, and $195 for a nasal PCR test PLUS blood test for IgM (as required by China for example).

( Just a reminder – if you have symptoms of COVID and go for a test it is FREE. You only have to pay for a COVID test if you are having it for pre-travel.)

The laboratory will usually text/email you the result in time for you to have the necessary paperwork for your departure.

We supply the ” WELL-TO-GO ” letter saying you have no COVID symptoms etc.

The cost for us to do this organising and paperwork etc depends on the time you spend with the doctor on the telehealth call but averages $50. This is not covered by medicare. While there, we will also briefly check your other vaccines are up to date if you are going to a country where other vaccines are recommended.

We look forward to helping you get where you want to go – call us on 0732219066.

Dr Deb

PS the USA state department has a website with some information about what COVID requirements are needed for each country, it is US focused but a good place to start researching.

Leave a Reply

Creative Commons License
This work by Dr Deb The Travel Doctor Pty Ltd (ABN 75 624 360 247) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.thetraveldoctor.com.au/website_terms_conditions.htm.

© 2021 Dr. Deb’s | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Website Terms and Conditions | Governing policy | Sitemap

Website development by RJ New Designs